Want to work with us?
kay, so our goals aren’t average and neither should yours be!
Our mission statement intentionally shoots high.
We strive to deliver outstanding care whilst being fairly rewarded for the effort invested in the hard-graft of learning much more than just what is required to be competent. We want our team to be innately motivated to push the breadth and depth of our specialist disciplines, so that we may raise our service levels above our contemporaries and stand proud that our care is the best. Not for the sake of virtue signalling, but for the sake of being able to help those who thought no one could help them. The feeling of knowing we have permanently changed someone’s life for the better is not possible in all cases, but we can still take reward from knowing we gave the patient the best chance at improvement and we did it with the best service going.
- Service in listening
- Service in understanding better than others WHY patients have their health challenges
- Service in understanding HOW to best implement the solution (one size does not fit all)
- Service in communicating our relevant knowledge so the patient understands the problem and the solution
- Service in implementing the solution (plan their bespoke road to recovery with them, with goal by goal steps that are achievable for them)
- Service in the provision of the latest techniques with the best intentions
- Finally, sometimes even service when the only reward will be the patient's genuine thanks for trying our best
If you are not inspired by what you do, how can you inspire others in what you do
e cannot do this by ourselves, we need our patients to be inspired to share our goals of helping more people, in more helpful ways to become more healthy and to maintain that health so they can act as beacons that inspire others to join us. This unity will give us our fair reward if we provide our share of the bargain to our patients.
We want no one to ever regret the help they give and to never regret working with us. We can’t offer you the financial rewards that high volume/low contact time clinics can, but we can offer you a lifelong reason to practice and be fairly financially rewarded.
Positions and Application
The associate Chiropractor will run their own private clinics at our main clinic and satellite clinic (these are less then 80 meters from each other). They will be responsible for all aspects of their patients’ management. They will not be restricted to any specific technique or protocols. They will be free to bespokely manage each patient. A wide appreciation, or willingness to develop and utilise, more techniques is encouraged. A deep understanding of health beyond that of neuromusculoskeletal disorders is necessary as complex cases require a comprehensive understanding of all the variables that can affect one’s health. Therefore adjunctive tools such as nutritional and ergonomic expertise will be considered as important strengths to future patient outcomes at our clinic. The relationships between the nervous system, motor patterning, mechanical disorders and the resulting soft tissue issues of compensation or injury are imperative to grasp. Tool sets to treat as many facets of these areas as possible are desired.
Dogmatic paradigms or practitioners unable to incorporate demonstrable evidence bases into their practice need not apply. This is very different from a passion for your job and helpful intent, which we never want to stifle! You must be willing to work with local GPs and health care providers and professionals where necessary. You must be willing to promote yourself. We want to work with people whose input will improve the existing members of our team. We love to be challenged. Negative people need not apply.
- Masters Degree in Chiropractic with Merit or Distinction. If qualified before Master’s Courses were available at a creditable teaching institution then BSc with Honours at 2:1 or First is required.
- Registration with the General Chiropractic Council.
- Member of a Chiropractic Association.
- Needs to show CPD into clinical treatment techniques.
- Recent graduates are welcome to apply, but must be willing to commit to CPD into either neurological, soft tissue or rehabilitation fields in their first year.
- Membership of the Royal College of Chiropractors or show similar postgraduate development levels.
- Full body certified in Active Release Techniques.
- Understand the role of neurology behind muscle strength.
- Certified in use of intramuscular dry needling.
- CPD/Specialist interest in Nutrition.
- CPD/Specialist interest in Exercise and Performance.
- CPD/Specialist interest in something we don’t yet provide!
Values We Want To Work With
Changing someone’s life for the better should be more rewarding to you than the financial return of carrying out a treatment. Patient outcome matters. Patient improvement is what we want to motivate our team members – not money. There is no long-term job satisfaction if your daily time spent on this planet is not taken up with activities that are more or equally rewarding to you than that of your financial return. We spend most of our lives working – its got to be both enjoyable and financially rewarding. Conveyor belt, high volume practices with short patient treatment times will make you more money and develop you less. But to what end? If you make people better you don’t need salesmanship, marketing training, practice management, free consultations, payment schemes and all that other balony to keep your diary fully booked. When you make people better they can’t help but tell everyone about you. Your product will literally market itself. But if you cant make people better quickly then you will better off in low contact time, high treatment numbers, high marketing, protocol driven conveyor-like, low skill set, low clinical development practices. Practices where vast resources are spent on “communicating philosophy” to patients and yourself. We, however, find nothing communicates our value to a patients better than removing their pains and increasing their resistance to injury. If you know more, then often (not always) you can do more to help, and if you can do more, then why would you ration that into a one size fits all solution or a short appointment? We can give you the freedom to practice the best way for you and your patients.
You may or may not be the finished product, but if you have the right attitude, share our values and would like to work in a team that is driven by helping each other to higher levels of patient improvement outcomes and happiness – then we would love to hear from you.
The associate Physiotherapist will run their own clinics and be responsible for all aspects of their patients’ management. A deep understanding of health beyond that of neuromusculoskeletal disorders is necessary as complex cases require comprehensive understanding of all the variables that can affect one’s health. Dogmatic paradigms or practitioners unable to incorporate demonstrable evidence bases need not apply. This is very different from passion for your job and helpful intent, which we never want to stifle! You must be willing to work with local GP’s, health care providers and professionals where necessary. You must be willing to promote yourself. We want to work with people who’s input will improve the existing members of our team. We love to be challenged. Negative people need not apply.
- BSc (hons) or MSc Physiotherapy
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists
- Need to show CPD of Manual Therapy Techniques
- Minimum 3 years Private Practice experience.
- Experience in treating acute spinal and sports injuries
- Experience treating Whiplash Associated Disorders and Private Medical Insurance cases.
- Certified in Acupuncture / Dry Needling.
- Certified in Pilates or other Rehabilitation.
- Certified in Ergonomics and able to perform Ergonomic assessments.
- CPD / Special interest in Advanced Soft Tissue Treatments.
- CPD / Special interest in something we don’t yet provide!
The ideal applicant would have the following attributes:
- Optimistic and friendly.
- A good telephone manner.
- Be totally computer literate.
- Great communication skills.
- If possible (although not entirely necessary) have experience of book work, admin roles, website management or marketing experience.
- Derive enjoyment from helping others.
- Be able to write well constructed emails/letters and show initiative in handling patient concerns.
- Be open to learning new skills.
If you feel this could be you and you can commit to a part time post, then get in contact with a CV or resume. Please do not ring the Clinic’s landline. Only e-mail requests will be considered. We are very happy to hear from everyone interested…
We know Active Health can help more people. If you wish to become part of the team or use our clinical rooms but have something else to offer we would be very happy to hear from you! Surgeons, Doctors, Therapists, in short we are happy to hear from anyone with a mutually beneficial idea.
Feel free to submit your proposal in writing below or just give us a call to chat through any ideas you may have and see if Active Health can help in anyway. Often when we can’t find a rewarding way of working together we usually know a team of people or a contact who may be able to assist you further.